ALGE's membership structure ...
ALGE is the officer society for ecologists and others who work in local authorities and national parks whose work focuses on or has as a major component of biodiversity delivery.
Individual Membership for officers in local authorities and national parks
- Individual Membership is open to officers in LAs/NPs where a key part of their job description is delivery of biodiversity or nature conservation. Membership is not restricted by a requirement for 'appropriate' qualifications or length of service eg: those working in local authorities or national parks as ecologists, biodiversity co-ordinators, green space officers, and others whose work has as a major component of biodiversity delivery but are not supported by other officer associations, or ecologists who manage multi-disciplinary teams including ecologists.
- Membership fee: £35pa.
- Individual Members have one vote and are eligible for Committee.
Corporate Membership for local authorities and national parks
- Corporate membership is open to all local authorities or national parks and provides excellent value for any authority in terms of the technical advice, low cost professional development opportunites and support provided by ALGE for officers.
- Corporate members may nominate one lead officer and up to three other named officers (who each fulfil the requirements of Individual Membership) who all have access to the ALGE discussion board, and receive individual mailings from ALGE and copies of ALGE publications etc ( i.e. benefits of Individual Membership, except voting rights).
- Membership Fee £120pa for up to four officers, additional officers £35pa per person.
- For corporate members each named officer has one vote and all are eligible for committee.
Associate Membership shall be open to persons employed by organisations other than Local Authorities or National Parks who can clearly demonstrate that:
- a key part of their job description is the delivery of biodiversity or nature conservation within a Local Authority or a National Park; and/or
- their work for a Local Authority or a National Park is defined by either grant conditions or a service level agreement.
Application for Membership of ALGE
Please download the correct ALGE membership application form for Individual/Corporate or Associate.
Click a link below - you will be prompted to 'Save' or 'Open' the form. Select "Save" and choose a location on your computer.
For enquiries please contact: